Wednesday, April 8, 2015

My first time with Brazilian Laser Hair Removal.

I had my first Brazilian LHR session about 3 weeks ago. I got an amazing deal on groupon, 6 sessions for around $260! I also used Ebates for 6% cash back! So I got about $16 back.

I did have underarm LHR once before at another place as a free gift with another procedure. They used a different laser (I think it was called Gentle Lase) that didn’t hurt at all but the laser at this new place had a different one that does hurt a bit.

At first I wasn’t going to use the numbing gel they sell for Brazilian treatments, but the lady said she wouldn’t do it without and I ended up getting the gel for free this first time. I had to wait for at least 30 minutes for it to take effect but I was pretty glad she made me use it.

The first part she lasered was at the top where I didn’t use as much gel. She iced it and that helped but yeah it still hurt quite a lot. It was a hot stinging sensation, like quickly pulling hot duck tape off your skin. It only lasts for a few seconds though. As she moved towards the back where I used most of the gel I felt almost nothing, basically some heat but no pain. So that part was awesome! Needless to say I bought some gel for my next sessions.

I also got another free underarm treatment, yay! That area didn’t get any gel but most of the hair there has already been lasered, less hair means less pain. I didn’t really feel anything. Now there is just a few hairs growing and I barely notice them. I barely shave there anymore.

I do feel like she missed some spots just because I could see red areas and normal areas, plus I think it was over a bit too fast. I think she was going easy on me! I'd say about 15% of the hair is gone. There are some bare patches and parts where the growth is thinner. I can't wait to see what the results will be after my next session!

I was pretty nervous about some stranger seeing my lady parts (also the lady was drop dead gorgeous, like Corporate Princess Jasmine gorgeous) but it was fine, I’m sure she has seen many a vulva. I also started my period the day before so that made me even more nervous but I just made sure I was very uh, fresh and clean, before hand lol.

My 2nd treatment is in a little over 2 weeks, so I'll update in a month to talk about the results I see from that session!

No comments: