Friday, May 21, 2010

NOTD: Milani Digital + update on my dad

Firstly I want to update you guys on my dad. For anyone who doesn't know he had a stroke last month (the most severe kind there is) while he was in Oklahoma and he was in the hospital for a month. We got him back to California tuesday and in a convalescent home that's just 5 minutes away. He is doing a lot better than when I saw him in April. He can move the right side pretty good now, but his legs still can't support him enough to walk. He can stand up to transfer to a wheelchair though so he is getting stronger. He is having problems with his memory but he is slowly getting more articulate. I think now that he realizes that his family is so close he is less depressed. The really nice nurse that was taking care of him in OK told my mom that he had been so lonely and when I saw him tuesday night he seemed really sad. I think he thought that he was going to be alone for a really long time again. I have a big family here though so he has already gotten a lot of visitors. Hopefully next month he will be even better.

__________

Now for my snazzy NOTD.

I am wearing Milani's Digital. I love these Milani holos! I'm going to get the blue, silver, and gold next. If you don't have any pick one or two up, they are $3.99 at Target and about $5 at the drugstores. I also have the purple and green which you can see by clicking on the Milani tag in the sidebar.


sunlight

indoor light

flash

sunlight

3 comments:

Halifax said...

So glad to hear your dad is getting better. Good that his family is around him. Hugs

Wan said...

Really glad to hear your dad is getting better! I hope he gets well soon! = )

I love Digital on you! It's such a gorgeous colour! Too bad we don't have them in Canada!

Yuki said...

hope ur father will have a full recovery soon! i ll pray for u! all the best for u n ur family!!