Tuesday, April 20, 2010

NOTD: Ulta Bombshell + Update on my dad

I went to Oklahoma on Thursday to see my dad. He was doing a whole lot better than we expected. He has gotten a lot of strength back in his right arm and he can move his right leg a bit so that's good, but he will still have months of rehab and may not get full mobility back. The doctor said for as bad as his stroke was he's doing surprisingly well. My dad hasn't recovered so well mentally, he can't remember some things and will start long sentences using big words that don't make sense together, or he'll forget what he was trying to say mid sentence. He couldn't remember my name the first day but he knew my mom's. I'm pretty sure he knew who I was though. When we left on Sunday he seemed to be better then he was on Thursday so I'm just hoping he will continue to get better. My mom is going to try to get him moved to CA as soon as possible.

Now on to more happy stuff, my NOTD is Bombshell from Ulta. It is amazing! Its a great red jelly with medium sized bits of holo glitter in it. This is 3 coats. The sun is hiding so I couldn't get great sparkly pics of it, but if you check out MeganChair's blog (a link is on my blog roll) she has some and a video. Thank you Megan for your pics of this color, I'm so glad I got it.

click to enlarge








edit: here is an artificial light sparkle pic

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm so glad that your dad is doing relatively well. You've certainly been in my thoughts.

That polish is absolutely unbelievable. I totally want it. Too bad I was at Ulta yesterday AND today and I'm too embarrassed to go back again tomorrow :P

Brooke said...

I'm glad that your dad is improving. I hope he continues getting better each and every day. Thanks for keeping us updated - and we are all keeping your dad in our thoughts.

MeganChair said...

I'm glad your dad is doing better. I saw your NOTD post on the nail board, but it was a few pages back so I came here to comment. Bombshell looks fantastic on you!

Nicole said...

I am so glad to hear that he's doing better and on the road to recovery. How are you? I hope you're better. This is a stunner, and I want it! Gorgeous photos.

glockoma said...

It's good to hear that your father is recovering. My dad had a stroke in December 2009, and it was a long road, but he was recovering well. Then in early March of this year, he passed away, which shocked everyone. But it wasn't because of the stroke - it was because of an abdominal aneurysm.

Call him, prayer for him, see him, and write to him as often as you can. Every moment is precious. And although surviving a stroke comes with a lot of pain and stress, be very veryyy glad that he's still around. I was very close to my dad, and now that he's not here, a part of me will always be missing.

I actually wrote a few posts on my blog (http://www.glockoma.com) a few months ago about what I went through after my dad had his stroke. You may want to read it - you can find the posts under the "Mind, Body & Health" category. Sometimes it's just comforting to know that someone else has gone through what you're going through. Know that you're not alone and that I'm keeping you, your dad, and your entire family in my prayers. Stay strong!