Friday, April 9, 2010

More really bad stuff in my life

April is turning out to be the month from hell. My dog died on the 1st, my grandpa has a stroke and died a week later on Monday. Today my dad had a pretty bad stroke but seems to be stable. I don't really know what that means in terms of how/if he'll recover. He lives in Oklahoma and I'm in CA so there is no way for me to understand how bad he really is. He refused to go to the hospital so a judge in Oklahoma made him a ward of the state and made him go so he's in ICU.

My mom and her friend were going to drive there and bring him back here but I doubt he'll be in any condition to travel for a long time, and I can't go there because I have school. I feel so helpless and so bad that my dad is alone right now. I would be scared even with my family there, but to be by yourself like that in a hospital... His friend lives in Oklahoma and has been looking out for him, but there is only so much he can do.

This whole month has just been a mess. I feel like one emotional hurricane after another has been slamming into me every time I turn around. I have a feeling things are going to get a lot worse before they get better. I don't think I'll be posting as much, mostly because I won't be buying anything but necessities in case I have to help my mom with medical bills. I do still have stuff I haven't swatched or posted yet and I'll be posting that, if only to keep my sanity.

Please send healing thoughts to my dad, and maybe some peaceful/relaxing thoughts to me & my mom. We're both really worried and trying not to fall apart.

-Katrina

10 comments:

shoutingwind said...

"Everything will be OK in the end, if its not OK then its not the end."

I just read that somewhere and I really like it. Sending positive vibes your way!

Biba said...

Hang in there! I hope that everything will be o.k. with your dad.
*hugs*

Nicole said...

Oh my goodness! Sending loads of good vibes your way.

Heather / Eyeconic said...

I'll be thinking of you.

nihrida said...

It's horrible when all the bad things pile up and break out at the same time. I wish that everything works out in the best possible way. Don't give up, keep going and be strong for your dad. (((hugs)))

Stephanie said...

Eek, I'm so sorry. You know, the same thing happened with my grandfather. He had a stroke and literally just lay down on the couch. For days. When his neighbor hadn't seen him for a while he went over and basically dragged him to the hospital. He ended up living for about another eight years (he was in his mid-70s at the time of the stroke), so don't lose hope. I am sure your dad is much younger and healthier. I understand the need to be close to an ailing family member and I'm so sorry that you're unable to be. Think positively. I know that's easy for me to say, but it'll help.

Don't hesitate to send me an e-mail if you need to talk to someone objective. Sometimes it's good to just let things out, you know?

<3

April said...

I think we all agree that we are more than happy to listen whenever you need to get your thoughts out! Where in does Dad live in Oklahoma?

PolishedSheep said...

I'm so sorry to hear that! Having lost my grandma this february I can surmise how you feel!

*sending lots of energy and sunlight*

Halifax said...

So sorry for what you have been through. Sending good vibes your way. Hugs

Lissi said...

I am so sorry to see that you've hit a rough patch in life this month. Please try to stay positive. I know things are looking really down but it could always be worse. Try to see the positive in each situation and hold on to them. Keep your chin up and face in the sun! I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.