Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Life update...

This month has reached such a level of awfulness that its almost hilarious. You all know that my dog died on the 1st of April. My grandpa died a few days after that (after having a stroke and going into a coma for a few days), then my dad had a stroke on Friday. He's not in good shape at all. Yesterday he didn't recognized his own mother. Today my grandma had a seizure and is now one room over at the same hospital as my dad. I think she's doing better then my dad, but I'm not sure.

Tomorrow my mom and I are leaving for the airport at about 3 AM and when we get to Oklahoma City I have to drive 90 minutes to Lawton where my dad and grandma are. We are staying until Sunday night, and I have jury duty Monday morning, which is going to be so much fun after all that traveling.

The one good thing about this is that my brother who is in the army and lives in TN will be driving to Oklahoma to meet us for a few days. I haven't seen him in 2 years so that will be nice.

I'm bringing my laptop so I will keep you all updated. Please continue sending good thoughts to my dad, and my grandma.

7 comments:

Lissi said...

I wish you the best! Again, I am so sorry for everything that is happening right now. Just try to see the positive! We are all here for you!

WhiteRabbit said...

I've only recently found your nail blog, and haven't really had a chance to comment, but I'm so sorry for everything that's going on with your family right now. Stay strong. I wish your father and grandmother a speed recovery, and I'll send good thoughts their way.

Nicole said...

Oh my goodness, you certainly have a full load on your plate! I do wish both of them the best, and I hope they get better quickly. I hope that your trip goes well, and I'm glad you're getting a chance to see your brother.

Biba said...

Wish you all the best!

Arrianne said...

Oh, horrible things always seem to come in sets. Hope they get better!

Apaige2u said...

Big hugs are warm thoughts to your dad and Grandma - and HOO-AH to your brother - I used to be in the army also!! I was actual in Ft. Sill, OK for a little while also. Oh, those were the days.

You have been tagged by LeVernisChocolat with the I love your blog Award – and you are so deserving of it!! :-0)

http://www.levernischocolat.blogspot.com/2010/04/love-your-blog-award.html

Bertz said...

oh wow you are so strong. My prayers are with you and your family. I can't even imagine what you must be going through. I just hope everything gets much better!

Great blog though!!! Your NYX swatches were so helpul :)