Tuesday, March 9, 2010

NOTD: Milani Hi-Res (its a holo!!!)

This is a color you have to get if you love holos. Milani Hi-Res is a light purple with holographic glitter. In some lights the glitter just looks grey, and kind of looks a bit like cement to me. When you put it in sunlight or under a light the holo comes out and blows you away.

This is 3 coats of Hi-Res and one coat thin of Seche Vite quick dry. This polish is very smooth, with the top coat it feels and looks like glass. It also wears well, usually after 24 hours I've got shrinkage and some minor chipping but these photos were taken two days after I put it on. This first photo is taken in natural lighting, the others were taken in my bathroom, which apparently is a magical place for holos. *shrug* The sun was hiding and it was too cold to take photos outside.








4 comments:

Biba said...

Looks great on your nails!

Lily nail said...

i loove this milani color

gildedangel said...

That is so pretty!

Apriltini said...

I'm wearing this color right now. I got three days of good wear out of it before it even started showing tip wear, which is really surprising. Durable and smooth as glass. Does not look good with a matte top coat, though. I think the matte has weakened it somehow because it's beginning to chip a little. This is def. worth a purchase. :)