Friday, March 5, 2010

Essence swatches.

I've got some Essence swatches for your viewing pleasure. Essence is a European brand that Ulta recently started carrying in the US. They have make up and nail polish for very cheap, like Wet N Wild does. The nail polishes are $1, but they are less then 1/3 of your usual size polish, .16 oz vs .5 oz. For most of the colors I used 2-3 coats, but the blue and green needed 4 coats on some fingers. My favorites of the bunch are No More Drama, and Pool Party. My least favorite is Plum Perfect because it looks kind of gross in some lights, kind of brownish like old dried blood.

The best thing about these polishes is the brush. Like the NYX, the new Rimmels, and OPI brushes it is flat, not round like most other brands. This makes applying it so much easier. I didn't have to break out my acetone and nail brush to clean up any messes while swatching any of these colors, and the brush really helped with that (loads of pratice helps too).




Sweet As Candy, 3 coats + Space Queen, 2 coats. Sweet As Candy was very streaky with 3 coats so I won't post a photo of it alone, but it looked alright with Space Queen on top. I wouldn't buy Sweet As Candy again if I had that chance.

No More Drama, 2-3 coats. Light dusty purple cream with a hint of mauve.

Ultimate Pink, 2 coats. Mid-tone pink with fine purple shimmer. Great formula, was very easy to apply.

Everybody's Talking About It, 3 coats. Medium-dark coral cream.

Plum Perfect, 3 coats. Dark plum/mauve that looks brownish in most lights. I don't prefer it.

Break Through, 3 coats. Dark dusty purple cream.

Check Me Out, 3-4 coats. Bright green cream.

Pool Party, 2-3 coats. Bright blue with silver and blue glitter.

2 comments:

Öykü said...

Great post! No More Drama is beautiful.

susies1955 said...

Lovely. I bought 11 of these the other day. I'll have to give one a try soon.
Glad to hear that application is nice.
Susie